Specialize in a particular analytical technique (e.g., spectrophotometry, gel electrophoresis, etc..) to the point where you can:
- Describe the characteristics of usable and unusable data for a given technique.
- Use appropriate controls or standards to predict what a result (positive, negative, neutral, numerical) might look like.
- Evaluate the causes of a result that is not useable.
- Distinguish between error as a result of limitations of a certain technique and error related to the skill of a technician.
- Troubleshoot how to correct the errors that are causing an unusable result.
Why Earn This Badge?
Most every field of work or research requires the specialized use of equipment. From agriculture, food service, scientific research, etc. specialized equipment assists in the performance and expertise in the endeavor. Through the learning, practicing, evaluating, and troubleshooting for a particular piece of science equipment you will mirror skills needed in the working and academic world.
Who created this badge?
Badge Designers: http://www.competencyx.com
Badge Graphic Designer:
Paolo Miguel Rimando