How to earn this micro-credential badge
in the SIM series enable teachers to verify skills in delivering
instruction of the SIM Learning Strategies and Content Enhancement
Routines and other educational programs offered through the University
of Kansas Center for Research on Learning. To earn the micro-credential
- Click the green “join this badge” button and sign up/sign in if needed.
your evidence specified in the “Required Evidence” section by clicking
on the blue “Post” buttons, or you can click into the Evidence section
and post from there.
- Notify your SIM Professional Developer
partner when you have completed posting your evidence, that is who will
give final approval and award the badge.
Badge List provides an opportunity to organize and display evidence of your work. You may
choose to type that evidence directly into a “Required Evidence” section
(as when you post the name of your professional developer or a
description or narrative about your work), but much of your evidence
will be stored elsewhere (longer documents, video, pdf documents,
images, spreadsheets, etc.) and linked into your badge. Video:
video to a cloud-hosting site like Vimeo, or YouTube using privacy
settings that provide a private link to view the video, keeping it
unlisted on the public website. You will then post the link to that
video in the evidence section, along with any comments you wish to
Documents, Image files, spreadsheets, PDF files, etc:
will upload your document, image file, pdf, spreadsheet, etc. to a
cloud-hosting site. You will then post the link in the evidence section,
along with any comments you wish to include. We have found Google
Drive to be a really simple tool for accomplishing this, but Drop Box or
File Dropper or any file storage site that gives you a link to your
To use Google Drive
to post documents, images , spreadsheets, pdf, etc.:
- Open Google Drive
- Hit the red “New” button
- Select “File Upload” and choose the file you wish to upload
- Click on “Share”
- Get Shareable Link
- Paste the link into your evidence section along with any comments you wish to include.
Communicate with other badge earners on the Badge Wiki Contribute to a current wiki:
Create a New Wiki Topic
- Click on the "View Badge WIki" button below this Badge Overview.
- Hit "Edit" in the upper right corner.
- Type into the Page Body.
- Hit "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.
- Think of a one or two word title for your new wiki. Example: Hotel TIps.
- Go to the browser address bar above.
- Change current url by ERASING "wiki-instructions" and typing the name of your wiki:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Use a dash between words.
- Hit "return".
- "Start" the new wiki.
- Type in your message.
- Choose who can contribute to the wiki.
- Hit the "Create Page" button at the bottom of the page.