Pick and reflect on an artifact that proves you have the skills, knowledge, and dispositions represented by the badge.
Description of the "Pitch to someone in field"
- Validation form filled by a professional indicating that you
can complete the task successfully:
- In 1 minute, you can orally deliver your pitch to a person that understands your work without any notes or visuals. Your performance is video recorded or observed by an assessor (i.e., teacher or internship mentor).
- Your performance addresses:
- Why are you doing what you’re doing? (Address the problem or question of your work)
- How are you addressing this question or problem?
- What happened so far?
- Articulate action steps and what happens next.
RubricYour assessor can validate that:
- All components of the performance are present.
- Claims are supported by evidence.
- The language and word choice reflects deep understanding of the question or problem.
Scholar Performance that is nearly passing:
- The scholar needed to better emphasize why they were doing their work.
- The scholar was missing action steps.